ADULT LEARNING CENTRE
How the Class Works:
• We begin each class with a general discussion of a topic of
interest to writers. Sometimes, it is a grammar point; often, it is a
point of style.
• Following this discussion, students are introduced to the worksheet
we will use for that class.
• After making sure the students understand the concept, writing
practice will begin on an assigned topic. This practice is for from 20
to 35 minutes, depending on the class length.
• At this time, the teacher will also produce a sample for the class
topic. As a result, neither the teacher nor the students should
interrupt one another during writing time.
• At the end of writing time, students will share example sentences
for review on the screen. Corrections and discussion will help everyone
to better writing for that class.
• At the end of class, students will receive a copy of the teacher’s
model topic paragraph and the student examples.
• NOTE: Students may then take their work home for further revision
Please also visit your Advanced
Composition Class Page where you can access current and past
For more assignments, visit our