Pearson Adult Learning Centre Home
Pearson Adult Learning Centre
 
          
 
  Entrepreneurship 12: Course Information
 


Entrepreneurship 12
 

Thinking about starting your own business?

Wondering if you have what it takes to run a business?

Not sure if your ideas can succeed? 

Looking for financing or investors?

The Entrepreneurship 12 course will help you find the answers.

We will help you assess your entrepreneurship aptitude and your business idea to develop it into a comprehensive business plan.  Along the way, we will help you select an organization structure, protect and market your idea, and arrange the necessary financing.

Classes run twice a week (Tuesday and Thursday from 12 to 2:30 p.m.) from February to June, 2009.

The Entrepreneurship 12 course is divided into 4 modules:

Module 1         Developing the entrepreneur and exploring business opportunities

Module 2         Finding a vehicle for the business

Module 3         Marketing and protecting your business

Module 4         Finding investors and keeping records

 

Textbook: Building a Dream A Canadian Guide to Starting Your Own Business.
5th Edition,  Walter S. Good, McGraw-Hill Ryerson. 2003 ISBN: 0-07-089810-3

Course Delivery and Student Evaluation:

 This course will be delivered using various modes of instruction. Teacher-led classes will be liberally supplemented with numerous peer group activities that are discussion, experiential, or simulation based in their nature. During the course of the semester, we hope to invite some local entrepreneurs to join us to share their experiences. Students will also be expected to conduct research within the local community.

 Your course work during the semester will account for 80 % of the final mark, with the final exam accounting for the remaining 20%.

 The mark allocation is as follows:

ASSESSMENT AND EVALUATION

PERCENTAGE VALUE

Tests/Quizzes:

Students will have 5 quizzes during the semester to check their understanding of the course material covered in class.

20%

Business Plan:

Students, individually or in groups, will identify one business opportunity to be developed into a complete business plan through extensive research.  This plan will reflect all the outcomes covered in Entrepreneurship 12.

20%

Projects:

Students will organize themselves into teams which will each be given a project focused on one particular aspect of entrepreneurship.

15%

Role Playing Simulations and Oral Presentations:

Students will role-play 2 scenarios: as marketers - consumer audience, and as venture capital seekers potential investors.

10%

Venture:

Students will organize themselves into small groups to set up and run a small business venture for 2 weeks. 

15%

Final Exam

20%

TOTAL

100%

 

 

 

Visit our Contact Us page to send email to the centre.
Copyright 1997 to 2009 Pearson Adult Learning Centre, New Westminster School District 40
Web Site Created by The Educated Web
Last modified: July 31, 2009