PEARSON ADULT LEARNING CENTRE
Television Explores ‘Royalty A-Z’
April 1, 2005
Today, we will begin a new reading, “E!
Entertainment Television Explores ‘Royalty A-Z’” This reading
introduces us to review writing.
1. Hand in your anecdote to be marked by the
2. Read the first two paragraphs on page 76 of
your textbook (or on your handout). Make sure you understand the
term “TV Review.” Students should read aloud this section for
3. Answer the questions under the heading
“Relate to the Topic” in writing, then discuss your answers with
4. Review the list of vocabulary on the side
of page 76. Make sure you understand each key term before you
5. Follow the “Reading Strategy” exercise
together. Read orally for practice. Answer the two questions in
writing, then discuss you answers with the class.
6. Read the section on “Summarizing ideas”
with your teacher’s assistance. Make sure you understand what
pages 77 to 79.
Make a list of ten
vocabulary words. Write a sentence that makes the meaning of
each vocabulary word very clear. Bring your sentences to class
next week, on April 8.
Worksheet Index for 2004 to