PEARSON ADULT LEARNING CENTRE
Literature and Composition Level 4
Find the Answers, Together!
April 12, 2002
Last class, we read the book review, "Get Shorty" by Elmore
Leonard as reviewed by Ralph Novak.
In today's class, we will work together, in two teams, to create a
set of questions to quiz the other students on the information on pages
116 through 119.
The object of the game is to make good questions based on the reading
AND to try to fool the other team into answering incorrectly!
Team Question Making:
1) Make ten questions based on the review written by Ralph Novak. For
example, "Which word with the first letter "c" means a
pessimistic person?" or "What is a word with the first letter
"g" that means criminal?" (Your team may not use my
2) Do not use any questions from pages 120 and 121 or any of the
other material on vocabulary or comprehension (blue ink). Make sure your
team has questions from page 117, 118, AND 119.
3) The teacher will be available to each team to help with any
comprehension or other questions you may have.
4) After your team has made ten questions, each team will close their
5) Each team will ask, orally, one question of the other team. Any
student on the opposing team may answer. ALL answers and questions must
be given in full sentences. If correct, the team scores one point. If
the first answer given is incorrect, the team scores 0 points. You may
confer with each other before the team answers.
6) Teams take turns asking questions until all ten questions are
answered. The team with the highest score wins!