Pearson Adult Learning Centre HomePearson Adult Learning Centre: Weekly Feature




Information about the Law
by Cheryl

Do you have a will? Need information about landlord/tenant rules and regulations or your rights in the workplace? Then The People's Law School is a good place to get information.

This non-profit organization provides information in several ways: Downloads of publications, free public talks, programs, and animations. Their free events are often listed in the local papers and on their website under Events.

One local event is happening this Tuesday evening in Burnaby:

Personal Planning: Wills, Representation Agreements and Power of Attorney

Tuesday, April 27, 2010
7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.

Burnaby Public Library - McGill Branch

4595 Albert Street
Burnaby, BC

Registration Phone #: 604.299.8955

Language of Presentation: English

Information to help tenants and landlords is available at the government website The Residential Tenancy Branch

Additional help is available for tenants at Tenant Advisory Centre

Information about your rights as a worker in BC can be found at The BC Employment Standards Branch

Everyone should learn about the laws in BC and Canada, and these websites and publications should help you if you have questions about your rights. Remember this is information and isn't the same as speaking with an actual lawyer. If you have serious problems you may need to speak with a lawyer. These sites can help you find a lawyer.

Lawyers B.C.

Probono Access

(April 25, 2010)

Visit Last Week's Feature: Daffodil Month

Weekly Feature Index

(Includes all 2002 to date Weekly Features with descriptions)