This weekend many Americans will be sitting around the dinner table and eating a typical turkey dinner (and, again, in a few weeks Canadians will cook a turkey for Christmas).
In order to cook a juicy turkey, I suggest the following:
· Use a Look! bag, which you can purchase at any local grocery store.
· Simply add 1 tablespoon flour to the bag to prevent bursting.
· Place the stuffing-filled turkey in the bag and close it with the plastic twist-tie.
· Cut six 1cm slits in the top of the bag.
· Place the turkey in a large baking pan and place it on the lower rack of the oven, allowing room for the bag to expand without touching the oven walls or racks.
· Bake at 350 degrees, ½ hour per 1 pound of whole turkey!
· To serve, carefully open bag to avoid steam!
Enjoy your turkey feast and Happy Thanksgiving!
(November 27, 2011)
(Includes all 2002 to date Weekly Features with descriptions)
Resources for Adults Completing High School